SHAKSHUKA INGREDIENTS food origin yemen, Somalia.They are called Shakshuka in the Maghreb. Main ingredients are eggs, tomatoes sauce, olive oil, peppers, onion and garlic. More Information Click me
Level : Easy
INGREDIENTS (SHAKSHUKA EGGS)
- Extra-virgin olive oil=1 1/2 tablespoons
- Red bell pepper=1/2(thinly sliced)
- Small bunch cilantro=1/4(chopped)
- Small cloves garlic=2 (thinly sliced)
- Ground cumin=3/4 teaspoon
- Paprika=1/2 teaspoon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Whole peeled tomatoes=1 15-ounce(crushed by hand)
- Large eggs=4
- Warm pita bread.
- First we heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- And add the onion and bell pepper and cook,then stirring often,till tender,regarding 10 to 12 minutes.
- And then add the cilantro stems, cumin, garlic, red pepper flakes and paprika. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and some grinds of pepper.
- Cook , stirring, till the garlic is softened and the vegetables are coated with the spices,regarding 1 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees f heat. Stir the tomatoes with their juices into the frying pan.
- Reduce the heat to keep up a low simmer and cook, stirring often, till the tomatoes break down and also the sauce thickens slightly, regarding 20 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Use the back of a spoon to make four wells within the sauce,two inches apart.Crack an egg into each well.
- Run the edge of a rubber spatula through the egg whites to break them slightly, being careful to not break the yolks.
- Transfer the frying pan to the oven and bake till the egg whites are simply set, 15 minutes. Season with pepper and salt and top with the cilantro leaves.
- Finally we serve with pita bread.
- Make the food deliciously and serve your loved one!
NUTRITIONAL FACTS (SHAKSHUKA INGREDIENTS)
Calories-304.0, protein-14.3 g, total fat-18.1 g, Saturated Fat-4,7 g.
MY FAVORITE FOOD RECIPES:
Food is not rational . Food is culture, habit, craving and identity.
Be happy friends!worldbestfoodsrecipes.com