PHILLY CHEESESTEAK HISTORY:
The Philly Cheesesteak was created within the early 20th century “by combining frizzled beef, cheese in a very tiny loaf of bread ,onions”, And in 1987 exhibition catalog published by the library Company of Philadelphia and also the historical society of Pennsylvania. More information click me.
WHAT CHEESE IS BEST ON PHILLY CHEESESTEAK?
The best Cheese for Philly Cheesesteak (provolone).The most best and popular cheese is mild provolone.
We have tested a range of provolone brands and also the only 1 we did not enjoy was”aged” provolone from Costco.
The flavor of aged provolone cheese was irresistible.Another best choice is white American cheese.
Hey! hi and hello friends i’m your friend chef Pattu. This article i’ll share Philly cheesesteak recipe, Philly Steak Sandwiches Recipe,Philly cheesesteak egg rolls.
Jump To Recipe
And i will tell about Philly Cheesesteak benefits and recipe tips. First i’ll share Philly Cheesesteak recipe.
Ok let we start cooking…………..
WHAT IS THE ORIGINAL PHILLY CHEESESTEAK?
The traditional cheesesteak . These have mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomato. In this cheesesteak hoagie is a combination of a cold or ice hoagie.
According to Philadelphia’s Pat Olivieri created the cheesesteak within the 1930s(as subs are known as within the philly area)
HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN A TWELVE INCH CHEESE STEAK?
For a serving size of one Sandwich(605g) = Original twelve philly cheese steak totally calories is “1070”
IS A CHEESE STEAK HEALTHY?
Philly cheesesteak sandwiches are delicious, however not at all though of “healthy”.
Until now! This healthier philly cheesesteak food delivers nice taste, with less fat,calories and sodium.
I sometime cringe at the thought of all that saturated fat ( about twenty seven grams=regarding: 1,500 and calories regarding:1,500 )
HOW MANY CALORIES SHOULD I EAT A DAY?
The average woman must eat regarding 2.000 calories per day to take care of her weight, and 1,500 calories per day to lose one pound of weight per week.
Meanwhile, the common man wants 2,500 calories per day to take care of , and 2,000 to lose one pound of weight per week. However this depends on various factors.
WHAT DO YOU PUT ON YOUR CHEESE STEAK?
- Fried onions.
- American cheese.
- Hot peppers.
- Whiz cheese.
- Banana peppers.
One of my friend had suggest this food . And i make this food , it is very wonderful.
First i thank my friend she suggested this recipe, and now i am share this philly cheesesteak , ok friends lets we make it.
- Boneless ribeye steak=1 1/2 pounds(trimmed of any excess fat two inches)
- Pepper=1 teaspoons(aka Italian long hot pepper)
- Canola oil,divided =3 1/2 teaspoons
- Salt as per taste (or 1 1/4 teaspoons)
- Red wine vinegar= 2 tablespoons
- Medium yellow onion=1 (sliced into 1/4 inch thick half moons)
- Water=1/4 cup
- Cheez whiz=1/2 cup (optional but highly recommended )
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Provolone cheese=12 slices(about 8 ounces)
- 2 to 3 (10-inches)Italian hoagie rolls.
DIRECTIONS OF PHILLY CHEESESTEAK:
- First one to two hours before you’re able to make the cheesesteaks, place the ribeye within the fridge. (partially freezing the ribeye can help you slice it as thinly as possible).
- When you are able to cook, and remove the ribeye from the fridge and use a chef’s knife to slice it as thinly as possible(between 1/8 and 1/16-inch thick). And place the sliced meat on a plate with in the fridge.
- Prepare the jimmy Nardello pepper removing the stem, slice it lengthwise, and take away the seeds. Next , we slice the pepper in to pieces that are regarding two inches long and 1/4-inch wide. And set a medium cooking pan over high heat and add one table spoon of vegetable oil or canola oil. Once the oil just begins to smoke,and add the pepper slices together with 1/8 teaspoon salt, and sear the peppers while stirring constantly , for two to three minutes, until the peppers look burn.
- Currently reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking for an extra three to five minutes, until the peppers are soft and pliable. And add the vinegar and cook, stirring constantly, until the vinegar has almost totally evaporated. Transfer the peppers to a small or medium bowl for later.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil or canola oil to a large cooking pan, and then add the onions to the room temperature cooking pan, with 1/8 teaspoon salt and a few number of cracks of black pepper.
- set the cooking pan over high heat, Once the onions begin to sizzle, begin stirring constantly,and cooking the onions for two to three minutes, until they start to brown.and reduce the heat to medium-high and continue cooking, stirring frequently, for five to seven minutes, until the onions turn a deeper brown and also the bottom of the cooking pan begins to develop dark layer of “fond”(this is flavor!).
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the cooking pan and use a wood spoon to deglaze the fond (aka, bits stuck to the bottom).And continue your cooking style the onions for one more five to seven minutes, until they seem soft, sweet, and deeply caramelized. Take away the cooking pan from the heat, transfer the onions to a small bowl, and set them aside at temperature.
- In a very small or medium pot or cooking pan, gently heat the cheese whiz(if you’re using it). While that’s gently warming, and add one tablespoon of vegetable oil or canola oil to the cooking pan you simply used to cook the onions and set it cooking pan over high heat. Once the oil is very hot and simply starting to smoke,add the steak. You’ll ought to cook to steak in 2 batches to avoid overcrowding (which would result in steaming instead of browning). Season the steak with one teaspoon of salt and sear for one to two minutes, gently stirring, until the streak is baked though and starting to caramelized. And turn off the heat and then lay the slices of provolone directly on the steak. and cover the cooking pan with a lid and await regarding one minute while the provolone melts.
- While the provolone is melting, and you’ll begin to assemble the sandwich. Spread cheez whiz on each halves of each hoagie. Equally divide the caramelized onions and cooked pepper between the hoagies. Uncover the cut and use tongs to transfer the cheesy cut to the hoagies, equally dividing between each. and finally we make philly cheesesteak.
- Serve your family and friends and eat and enjoy!
PHILLY STEAK SANDWICHES
- Extra-virgin olive oil=1 tablespoon
- Yellow skinned onions=2 large (sliced very thin)
- Coarse salt and pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil=2 teaspoons (2 drizzles)
- Lean beef tenderloin or sirloin=1 1/2 pounds (slice the meat very thin)
- Garlic salt=1 teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Provolone cheese,=8 slices(from the deli counter)
- Soft Italian sandwich hoagie rolls= 4 (split lengthwise 6 to 8 inches long each).
First we heat a medium pan over medium high heat. And add one table spoon extra-virgin vegetable oil or olive oil , and turn of the pan.
Add onions and season with pepper and salt.And cook onions, stirring often, ten minutes or until onions are soft and caramel in color.
And heat a heavy griddle pan over medium to high heat. and wipe griddle with a drizzle of oil using a paper towel.
Sear and cook thin sliced steaks until brown however not crisp, regarding two minutes on both sides.
And bake steaks in single layers in two to three batches and then cut into meat with in the side of your spatula while they bake.
When the steaks are bronzed , simply before you take away them from heat, sprinkle them with garlic pepper and salt.
When all of the steaks are baked , and then line each of your split rolls with two slices of provolone cheese.
Pile 1/4 of your meat and onions on to the griddle and blend at the side of your spatula.
And pile the onions and meat into rolls on top of the cheese. And heat from the meat and onions can soften or melt the cheese.
Finally serve your family and friends and eat and enjoy!
Repeat for remaining servings and serve.
HOW TO MAKE PHILLY CHEESE STEAK EGG ROLLS:
Philly cheesesteak egg rolls are made with cheese like a provolone cheese ,peppers,rib eyes steak, and onions.
Cook time =15 minutes. Prep time =20 minutes. Total time =35 minutes. Calories =182 Kcal. Servings = 12
- Butter=1 1/2 tablespoons.
- Green bell pepper=1(chopped)
- Onion=1/2 cup(chopped)
- Boneless rib eye steak=1 pound (sliced or coarsely chopped)
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Provolone cheese=6 slices
- Ranch for dipping (optional)
- Oil for frying
First we melt half the butter in a very massive pan over medium high heat. And then add the onion and pepper and cook 3-4 minutes or until softened. Remove the vegetables from the pan and cover to keep warm.
Then melt the other half the butter and then add the rib eye to the pan . And add with salt and pepper as per taste.
Cook the cut for 3-4 minutes or until brunette and simply baked through.
And place the onions and peppers back to the pan with the cut.
Lay out an egg roll wrapper and place 1/2 of a slice of cheese with in the center .
And add about 2-3 tablespoons of cut filling onto every egg roll wrapper and fold per package directions,and using water to seal the sides of the wrappers as you go.
Pour 3 inches of oil into a deep pan. and then heat the oil to 350 to 360 degrees.Fry 4 egg rolls at a time, turning often, until browned all over, about 5 minutes.
Drain on paper towels, and then serve with dipping sauce of your choice.
Finally serve your family and friends and eat and enjoy!
If you prefer to cook your egg roll , you can coat them with cooking spray and cook at 425 degrees F for 18-20 minute or until browned and crispy.
Calories:182 kcal,Protein: 12g, Fat:10 g , Carbohydrates: 8g, Iron:1.2 mg, Saturated Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol:37 mg, Potassium:158 mg, Vitamin A: 210 IU,Sodium: 229 mg, Vitamin C:8.5 mg, Calcium: 117 mg.
I hope if you like this recipes and if you want any other recipes please comment it i will post fastly, and please share this recipe your friends and family.
MY FAVORITE FOOD RECIPES
“Today more than 95% of all chronic disease is caused by food choice, toxic food ingredients, nutritional deficiencies and lack of physical exercise”.
Be happy for ever!