Masala dosa most popular south indian food. Origin from karnataka . Masala dosa is very healthy and tasty food in morning. More information Click Me.
- 3:1 rate of raw ice and boiled rice
- 100 gm of dal(Urad) to 1kg of rice.(Polished black lentil or white lentil)
- Salt as per need
- One onion(Chopped)
- Two green chilies(Chopped)
- One tablespoon ghee or regular butter
- 1/2 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon chana dal (split black chickpeas)
- One spring curry leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- Two large potatoes(boiled)
NOTES (MASALA DOSA)
- Raw rice and boiled rice 3:1(cup) rate.
- Add 100 gm of dal to 1kg of rice.
- Add 5 tablespoon of Fenugreek.
DIRECTIONS (MASALA DOSA)
Prepare Dosa batter:
- First we sook rice and dal in separate bowls for 4-6 hours. strain.
- Process rice and dal mixture in grinder or mixer. While grinding, and add water a cup at a time till reaches the consistency of batter.
- Put salt as per taste, And cover mixture and let sit over night. but don’t refrigerate it must for ferment.
Prepare Masala Dosa Filling:
- First we add ghee to a cooking pan and add mustard seeds and chana dal.
- Shake mixture over the flame till golden brown.
- Add curry leaves (whole leaf),green chilly and onion. Then add turmeric powder 1/2 tablespoon and salt (For taste).Stir.
- Break up cooked potato into little chunks and add them to your mixture. And add water and stir.
Prepare Masala dosa:
- Pour cold dosa mixture into a medium bowl with a flat bottom. And pour batter into a lubricated cooking pan. and then immediately ,starting from the middle.
- Begin forming a circular from with the batter using the flat -bottomed dish.
- Brush on ghee (or regular butter) to cookery dosa. And place filling close to the middle of the dosa.
- Slightly elevate the sides of the dosa. Begin rolling from the edge of the dosa as you’d a wrap. And then remove dosa from cooking pan.
- And finally masala dosa is often served with coconut, cilantro and tomato indian relish still as sambar and chatni.
NUTRITION (MASALA DOSA)
Calories:289 KCal| Carbohydrates:5.3g Calcium:39mg|Potassium:334mg |Vitamin C-19.2mg|Vitamin A-120 IU|Sodium:178 mg|
MY FAVORITE FOOD RECIPES:
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.!